Friday 5 July 2013

Ready?

The last 2 weeks haven't been going as planned, but now I'm in Vuokatti and ready to do as good as I can the next week. And I have been listening to the comments on my last blog, and of course or it will be longdistance, and not sprint for me :)

2 weeks ago my last preparations for WOC was to run the Finnish trials for WOC, with a very good start line-up. The middle-distance went ok. I did some mistakes on the first 3 controls and on the 2 last ones, but otherwise a decent perfomance, with tired legs. I was 11th, but almost 4 minutes behind.
On the long-distance race on sunday I started early with the Swedes, but after 20-25 minutes of racing, with a non-functioning body and mind, I found out that it would be suicide for me to continue. I was difficult for me to quit, because it was supposed to be my last race before WOC, but I'm happy I did.
Because I was really tired when I came home, and it lasted for several days, where I had no energy at all. It got better in the middle of the week and as planned, I did physical testing on wedensday and friday. The tests went well and besides some weird lactate-values, showed that my physical level overall is better than before. But on saturday I woke up with sore throat, and before coming to Finland I haven't been training much. I guess the WOC-trainingcamp after Jukola, was a bit harder for my body than expected, and it has been struggling to recover since then.
It's better now, I'm not feeling sick anymore, but I'm still coughing a bit. Today I did some parts of the long-model in competition speed, and the feeling was not too bad, and my body has actually been feeling better afterwards so I'm optimistic. At least my legs have been having plenty of rest the last couple of weeks, since I haven't been doing much else than lying on the couch, watching TdF and JWOC.

On sunday I will run the long-distance qualification, and on tuesday hopefully the final. The middle distance is on thursday and friday, and the relay saturday. The goals are as mentioned last year, to be amongst the 8 best on the long and middle. The training have been going better than ever this year, my WOC-preparations have been good, the terrain suits me well, and I'm very motivated. Let the games begin!

You can follow all competitions here

No comments: